Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nei Rava Laddoo

By this time I think everyone would have read about my huss's love for ghee and how I am a miser in adding ghee. At times I feel sorry for him, for denying him his desired level of ghee. He has been asking me to make rava laddoos for a long time and he was so specific that he needed ghee to be added as the bonding agent. :(

I have been postponing this for a long time but I felt he deserved a treat as he takes care of most of the household chores these days. So finally made them for Vishu and I knew that he loved it the instant the laddoo hit his mouth by his wide grin.

~*What U Need*~
Rava/Semolina - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Cashew-nuts & Raisins - few
Ghee

How I Made it:
Heat a skillet, add ghee and toast the cashew-nuts and raisins. In the same pan, add rava and fry it until a nice aroma comes. Remove from pan and allow it to cool. Grind the rava and sugar to a smooth powder using a blender.
In a large bowl , add the ground powder, cashew-nuts-raisins-ghee mixture and cardamom powder. Melt ghee and add little by little checking if you can make balls out of it. When the desired consistency is reached, take a small portion of the mixture and press it between your palms and make laddoos.

Delicious rava laddoos ready... Take a sniff and you will love them.

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

43 comments:

  1. Looks really yummy... Rava ladoos are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and tempting rava ladoo,one of my favorite..drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicious and fulfilling ladoos. My little one loves this preparation.

    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rava laddoo looks awesome. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The laddoos looks great.. S has been asking me too.. Have to make them sometime :)


    Ongoing Event : WTML

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its been a while i had these laddoos,seriously craving for some..

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look perfect, reminds me of childhood

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks perfectly done.my and my son's fav..awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favourites too. You beat me to it. I was actually planning to post this for the Tamil New Year as well but never got around making them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy ladoos and rightly prepared !!

    Ongoing event
    CC:Spring Seasonal Food

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfectly done dear, I can smell it here..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very yummy looking ladoos looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mouthwatering ladoos, simply perfect one...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tempting laddus...My mom too always grind the rava when making ladoo...Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yumm! the ladoos look so soft and crumbly!!

    Chef Al dente New monthly series: Meal of the Month! Send in your entries for April now...

    ReplyDelete
  16. just like my mom's! drooling here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic ladoos and they r tempting to grab from the screen

    ReplyDelete
  18. one of my favs and this looks too tempting..
    Noel collections

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow very tempting ladooos,luks so perfect and yum...

    ReplyDelete
  20. well done, would love to pop one in the mouth right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooooooooh! my favourite! now i can make it at home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. send me some please. looks perfect for the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  23. yummy laddoos...please do share it through kerala kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks really awesome.. love 2 try this laddus..nice cliks as always ...
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fell in love with ur rava ladoos....

    ReplyDelete
  26. U grind rava for this?that's cool..Very nice ladoos.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very yummy n tempting rava ladoos.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Interesting and (for me) unusual recipe; looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I still remember these laddoos which my neighbour used to bring us during holi and diwali ....haven't had them for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.