Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 1#: Verkadalai Sundal / Groundnut Sundal | Navarathiri Recipes

Navarathiri / Navratri starts today and hope everyone are getting busy with their vrat and golu arrangements. We do not keep golu at home but I have always wanted to try my hands on keeping a fully filled 7-step golu. I know that it needs extreme patience, great tending to the idols and vikragams bought ~ both which I lack and hence we never celebrated Navarathiri just as it had to be. Okay I am not into all those stuff this time too and I am not supposed to go on fasting, but I am trying to get a hang of it by going just for the basics. So have decided to keep it simple by making a sundal each day and doing a small pooja every evening for the next nine days. This is a good start for me, I would say. So all that you guys are gonna see here for the next nine days will be sundal varieties only.

Since today is the first day, I wanted to kick start the day with a sweet and a sundal. So made semiya kesari and verkadalai sundal for neivedhiyam.

~*What U Need*~
Verkadalai / Groundnut - 1 cup
Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
Salt - as needed

To Temper:
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard - 3/4 tsp
Red chilli - 2
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp

How I Made it:
Soak peanuts for 2 hours and pressure cook it with salt and water for 3 whistles or till soft. Drain water and set aside.

Heat oil in a kadai and temper with mustard, urad dhal, red chilli, hing and curry leaves.

Add the cooked peanuts and stir fry for 1 or 2 mins. Add the grated coconut and fry for 1 minute. Transfer to serving bowl.

Serve hot!!! Healthy guilt free snack ready.


So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

27 comments:

  1. Wow..absolutely yummy sundal..Just now seen one from jay...Happy Navrathri Vimitha !

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh just looking at these is making my hungry!! look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm....

    http://vegetarianmedley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow healthy n yummy sundal,me too posted it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. healthy high protein sundal
    Great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. verkadalai sundal is one of my favorites...we too had it yesterday..yours looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious sundal..Happy navaratri!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow very perfect and yummy snacks..
    http://www.indiantastyfoodrecipes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did this sundal today Vimi but I didn't add Urad dhall...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it anytime, any way it is made :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never get bored of this sundal, irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Healthy and tempting yummy sundal...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Easy and delicious snack..perfect for the festival too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow nice peanut sundal great for everything.Mostly snack.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could eat peanuts everyday forever! haha, this recipe looks great :)
    thanks for sharing!

    Nitya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.