Monday, May 4, 2015

Turkey Sloppy Joes

One protein that I got to experiment with after I moved to the US is Turkey. I got introduced to it after a dear friend of mine suggested that it was more lean compared to chicken and the taste is kinda good too. Well it didn't suit our palate, it tasted bland and substituting turkey for chicken was a big n-no to the family until I started making turkey chillis, turkey burgers and then these turkey sloppy joes and believe all these are the best and loved by my family now. As for these turkey sloppy joes, they are the best, they are yummy, they are messy and they are perfect to stuff your face into.



~*What U Need*~
Ground turkey - 1/2 lb
Onion - 1/4 cup, chopped
Green pepper - 1/4 cup, chopped
Red pepper - 1/4 cup, chopped
Barbecue sauce - 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup
Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt and pepper

How I Made it:
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the onion and brown it. Add the peppers and saute for a minute. Add the turkey and brown it. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the garlic powder and barbecue sauce. Mix thoroughly. Reduce heat to low and simmer till the sauce is reduced to the consistency desired.
Serve on buns or bread of choice.

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.